Saturday, June 22, 2013

Depression After Birth

Guest Post by Missy J:

My hormones went a bit crazy after my fourth birth. I struggled with depression.

My nutritionist had me purchase some yam lotion (or Yam based deodorant). It has a natural progesterone in it. If your emotions are a bit crazy because of your hormone level, then Yam lotion will really help you feel better.
I have recently heard that Arbonne has a really good yam lotion with natural progesterone. I will try and find a link for those interested.


If you feel overwhelmed and unable to handle small stresses then it could be because you are nutritionally lacking.  A good Vitamin B and vitamin D, especially during the winter months, helps.  I have found that juicing really helps to quickly get the nutrients in your body. I always feel the best when I'm pregnant because I juice at least once a day. It sounds like a lot of trouble to do, but it really helps a lot. Beets are really rich in iron and vitamins, carrots and apples are also great. Your local library might have some good books on juicing. This combined with the vitamins will really help your body get to feeling healthier and better.

If you feel exhausted and lacking in energy then you might be low in iron. I am amazed at how low on iron I have been during or after pregnancy. I can't tolerate the  pregnancy vitamins from the doctor because they constipate me (I have also heard that they aren't easily digestible). I prefer vegetarian vitamins, which are much easier on my body. I also really like taking a small glass of water and mixing a tsp.or tbsp. (depending on need) of dark black strap molasses into the water (locally made- find in health food store). Then drink it. It really tastes horrible but I drink it down really fast. It is like taking coffee in a healthy way. The iron immediately absorbs. It is great!

Hire help and keep things routine.
When I have struggled with depression, it helped me to regularly have a homeschool teenager (their schedules are more flexible than other teens) come and regularly help with housework and/or play with the children. It really helps to just do this for the first couple of months to give you time to get to feeling better.
In addition, schedules and routines help to make things feel predictable for you and the children.

And lastly, make sure you and your husband regularly go out for a short bit.

Raise Serotonin Levels
5HTP supplement-This is not good for pregnancy, and I don't know about nursing. However, it excellent for raising saratonin levels. Get it online or from the health food stores. A friend's psychologist recommended it because her Lexapro just wasn't raising her numbers high enough. However, if you can't use it due to nursing, you can use Tart Cherry Juice Concentrate by Nature Blessed. It has something in it (I forget what) that causes your body to convert to serotonin. It is natural so your body takes what it needs and eliminates what it doesn't. That means it will raise your serotonin levels but not beyond what is familiar with your body would normally produced whereas prescriptions raise seratonin beyond the level your body might produced. 5HTP does that but in a more natural way with enzymes...(don't know all the details).



God bless you all!

1 comment:

  1. Hello. I am Tosin. I wish to narrate how I was permanently healed from Diabetes type 2 via a naturopathic herbal method.

    My mom had suffered from diabetes Mellitus and which had caused her early death when I was a toddler. I have also lived to have suffered, unbeknownst, from this terrible disease in my youth age, and of which has resulted in several health complications I had experienced in my lifetime. I was thus, placed on an insulin medication as I also had maintained a healthy diet and regular exercises. This mode of treatment had persisted a long time without any rightful hope for a healthy personality in the future. I was dying piecemeal, and of all qualities, I had desired for was to become a normal person again. I prayed and never had stopped believing Providence was preparing better opportunities on my behalf.

    It was during my endless search for a positive remedy for my condition that I had stumbled upon the marvelous herbal works of Dr. Utu Herbal Cure and his everlasting motive in eliminating all viral diseases naturally. This African herbalist whom I had realized was also a natural healer and activist of the herbal works of his ancient fathers. I was very relieved at receiving this piece of information as I was very tempted to contact this African natural healer Dr. Utu about the betterment of my condition. I had given this herbal doctor every piece of information he had needed to save my life and I was highly marveled at his generosity in wanting to help me attain a normal life again. I had followed his herbal recommendations and after a few weeks, I had soon started seeing good changes in my health life. It was too real to be true, but it was as when I was later diagnosed to be un-diabetic.

    This miraculous change in my health life had occurred a few months ago and I am very much as pleased to share this piece of information every moment because it means so much to me as to be healthy again, and I know inwardly, that it would also mean so much to other people who happen to be suffering from this disease and would also prefer a normal life too. I wish to use this message to give confidence to those who would by chance happen to come across this information to be hopeful and find a confidant like Dr. Utu in overcoming their health problems. You can be healthy today for a healthier tomorrow by reaching this good herbal doctor for help and assistance. I would also encourage this piece of information to be shared among friends and loved ones to create a positive awareness.

    You can reach out to this herbal doctor directly via the detailed means below:

    Email: drutuherbalcure@gmail.com

    WhatsApp: +2349072733661

    ReplyDelete